Get cozy and enjoy the season with this easy crock pot recipe for pasta fagioli.
The winter is starting to leave us, so it’s time to savor the last bits of cold. What better way to do that than with a cozy crock pot soup recipe? Try this pasta fagioli recipe that you can throw together for a warming, nourishing meal.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 28-oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 16-oz can of red kidney beans, drained
- 1 16-oz can of white kidney beans, drained
- 2 14.5-oz cans of beef broth
- 3 tsp of oregano
- 2 tsp of pepper
- 5 tsp of parsley
- 1 20-oz can or jar of spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz of small shell pasta
Brown the beef in skillet. Drain the fat and add to your crock pot. Add all remaining ingredients except the pasta to the crock pot and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours. During last 30 minutes, add pasta. Top each bowl with parmesan cheese if desired. Serve with warm garlic bread and salad.
This tasty recipe makes 12 servings, so invite your friends and family over to enjoy it with you!
If you have any leftover canned goods, please contact Manna Conejo Valley Food Bank. We serve hungry children, families, and seniors throughout the Conejo Valley and are always in need of donations.