There is nothing like a sweet treat around the holidays. This 5 ingredient peppermint bark will crave your sweet tooth and compliment any holiday gathering.
Here is what you will need:
- 8 ounces of a high-quality semi-sweet chocolate bar
- 8 ounces of a high-quality white chocolate bar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- 12 peppermint candies, crushed
- Lightly grease a 9×9 pan lined with wax paper
- Put the semi-sweet chocolate and 1 teaspoon of oil in a medium glass bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir, wipe down the sides and continue to microwave until melted (about 3 minutes).
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir in ¼ of the peppermint extract
- Pour the chocolate on the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Refrigerate until completely hardened (about 1 hour)
- Place the white chocolate and remaining canola oil in the same glass bowl. Microwave the same as STEP 2. Don’t over microwave, be sure to stir and ladle the side every minute.
- Once white chocolate is melted stir in ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Pour white cholate over the semisweet chocolate.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy candies over the top and press in.
- Refrigerate until harden.
- Remove from pan and break into pieces
Original recipe here: http://mykitchencraze.com/easy-peppermint-bark/