YIELDS: 2-9X5 Loaves or about 24 muffins
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree (1- 15oz. can)
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two loaf pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine DRY INGREDIENTS: flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer (Or by hand), blend WET INGREDIENTS: sugar, oil, and eggs. Stir in pumpkin. Slowly blend the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture. While blending the mixture add water incrementally. Pour the batter into two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 90 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans.
PUMPKIN BREAD MUFFINS
Follow the same directions. However, place batter into muffins tins without cupcake liners. Instead, spray tins with cooking spray and flour. Pour out excess flour before adding batter. Bake for 26 minutes.
Note: Top muffins with chocolate chips. If making bread loaves, fold in 1-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips into the batter.