Hunger to Hope
— A New Home for Manna
What will our new building bring?
- Close to 5,000 square feet of pantry, food storage & sorting, classroom and office space.
- A pantry that is three times the size of our current one with commercial coolers that can handle larger donations.
- A comfortable and inviting client intake and waiting area.
- Pantry design that allows for efficient client flow.
- On-site storage and inventory management for highly variable food stock and selections.
- Covered, secure food delivery area.
- Classroom/meeting space for volunteer trainings, client cooking classes and staff and board meetings.
What does this mean for the community?
- More relief to families, seniors, and disabled persons who struggle with hunger.
- More volunteer opportunities for students, families, and adults.
- More partnerships with other non-profits in the Conejo Valley.
- Less usable food being sent to the landfill.
- Less homelessness.
- Greater feeling of satisfaction and well-being for doing good.